Free Data from over 25 polls on Dojo Training & Student Marketing issues for Martial Arts
Insights into average student & dojo costs, student desires and pricing opinions
Dojo & Student Marketing Survey comprising over 2,500 survey answers with data from 20+ key questions (updated for 2009-2013). It covers such things as:
Data from 25 previous karate surveys:
2. How did you originally find your dojo?
3. Does your dojo use street fighting data for curriculum design and belt tests?
4. If you have been training for more than 1 year what is most important to you now?
5. How many hours do feel is best for class duration each night?
6. Do you compete in tournaments?
7. Given your busy life how many times a week do you wish to train at your dojo?
1 time per week
2 times per week
3 times per week
4 times per week
5 times per week
8. Do you do bunkai in your belt tests?
10. Do you feel your dojo should belong to a larger organization for technical and support reasons?
11. How much are your monthly fees?
12. What is fair price to pay for your uniform as a first lightweight dogi?
13. What is the closest to your belt test fee for yellow belt? includes belt + test.
14. How many years on average does it take a person in your dojo to achieve black belt?
15. Does your dojo train with other styles at seminars/camps more than twice a year?
16. How much do you think is a fair price to pay for a weekend camp?
17. What is fair price to pay for a seminar from a well known instructor?
18. Do you think that WKF style of fighting is past its peak as people have been exposed to so much UFC, MMA, close quarter & bunkai insight?
19. What rank is your dojo sensei?
20. How many martial art seminars do you like to do a year?
21. If you have trained karate for more than 10 years, given its time commitments do you feel it has had a negative family effect for you?
Data from 150 replies
22. “If you have been training more than 10 years, do you still feel there is a combative stress or disposition you acquire on entering the dojo each night?
Data from 40 replies
23. Do you take the time to read about & train methods of mind/strategy related to your fighting, or as it is often called, "Zen in the martial arts". 159 responses make up the below data.
24. How often do you hit a bag as a part of your training? 116 responses make up the below data.
25. At what age in your style do junior Dan ranks switch from being a junior Dan rank to an adult rank?
26. In your experience in kumite, do you feel you are generally more likely to score by going in first? 175 responses
DownloadKarate.com was the first online karate website to provide free online learning of Traditional Karate, Zen and philosophy through video files for download as well as other resources such as articles, Karate business plans, instructor video uploads, belt test theory manuals, and dojo terminology. We have had over 80,000 members world-wide sign-up (member details are kept confidential). Streaming video courses and clips are free of charge and various document such as the marketing survey above.